Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Spencer Student Recreation Center
Whether you want to lift weights, go for a run, take a dip in the pool, or socialize with friends we have something for everyone.
All enrolled, fee-paying students at Western Illinois University are members of the Spencer Student Recreation Center (Spencer SRC) and are entitled to use the Spencer SRC at no additional cost.
Spencer Student Recreation Center Hours
Fall & Spring Semester Hours
|Monday-Thursday||5:30 a.m.-11:00 p.m.|
|Friday||5:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||12:00 Noon-11:00 p.m.|
Aquatics Center Hours
|Lap/Open Swim||Aqua Classes*||Family Swim|
|Monday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-9:00pm||5:00-6:00pm|
|Tuesday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-9:00pm||5:00-6:00pm|
|Wednesday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-9:00pm||5:00-6:00pm|
|Thursday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-9:00pm||5:00-6:00pm|
|Friday||5:30-7:45am; 11:00am-1:00pm; 3:00-7:00pm|
Schedules do not reflect breaks and holidays.
Note: Recreation schedules may be altered due to weather, Intramurals, University holidays, Special Events, or as participation warrants.
Front Desk and Oasis
- The Front Desk serves as the main entry to the Spencer SRC where students and members must show their WIU ID's for admittance.
- The Front Desk has a variety of equipment, food, and drink for sale.
- Reservations for racquetball and wallyball courts are taken at the Front Desk, (309) 298-2797.
- Memberships, $5.00 guest passes, and $30.00 10-visit punch cards are also sold at the Front Desk.
- All sales are cash, check, or Rocky dollars only.
- Open during building hours, this area is designated for relaxation and socialization purposes. Food and beverage are permitted.
- A variety of sport drinks, snacks, and soft drinks may be purchased at the Front Desk.
Lost & Found
- The lost & found is located at the Front Desk.
- The Keeney Room and Colgate Room are available to host student organization meetings.
- Each room seats approximately 30 people.
- Requests for these rooms may be made by filling out a Campus Recreation Facility Request Form at least 72 hours prior to the requested time.
- The organization will be notified via email regarding the availability of the room requested.
Campus Recreation Office
- The Campus Recreation Office staff works directly with intramural sports, fitness programs, aquatics, special events, scheduling, and marketing.
- Information about events/programs, indoor and outdoor facility reservations, student employment, and much more is available from this office.
- The Campus Recreation Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and is closed on the weekends.
- The Campus Recreation Office phone number is (309) 298-1228, or you can email us at C-Recreation@wiu.edu.
- An elevated indoor track surrounds the gymnasium and the multi-activity courts (MAC), providing indoor comfort for walkers and joggers.
- Inside lane - 8.46 laps (roughly 8 1/2 laps)= 1 mile
- Middle lane - 8.23 laps (roughly 8 1/4 laps)= 1 mile
- Outside lane - 7.99 laps (roughly 8 laps)= 1 mile
- This room has a 100# heavy bag and a speed bag.
- Hand wraps must be used at all times.
- Check out speed bag and hand wraps are available at the Equipment Room.
- This area features state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment that includes: stair steppers, stationary bikes, rowing machines, arc trainers, ellipticals, and treadmills.
- Daily sign-up sheets are provided for reserving cardio equipment, during fall and spring semesters.
Racquetball Courts (through the Court Room door on Track Level)
- Five courts may be reserved for racquetball or wallyball.
- One-hour reservations (on the hour) may be made by contacting the Front Desk at (309) 298-2797.
Aquatics Center (located west of the Court Room)
- A 25-yard, 6-lane pool provides opportunities for lap swimming, water aerobics, water basketball, open swim, and family swim.
- The Center also includes an 8-person hot tub and a sauna. No one under the age of 16 is allowed to use the hot tub or sauna—no exceptions!
Multi Activity Courts (MAC)
- Three multipurpose courts are available for open recreation, intramural competition, sport club events, and special event activities.
- MAC can be used for basketball, volleyball, roller hockey, and indoor soccer. Please note that certain sports can only be played on specific courts.
- Court 3 is designated for VOLLEYBALL on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 p.m. until close during the academic year. This rule is subject to change due to outside rentals or special events.
- A variety of sports equipment including volleyballs, basketballs, softball bats and balls, tennis/badminton racquets, racquetball racquets, disc golf discs, and other equipment is available for checkout.
- Locks for lockers, hand and shower towels are available for daily use, at no charge, and may be checked out from the Equipment Room.
- The Fitness Studios offer a pitch control stereo system, mirrored walls, a wooden floor, and various fitness equipment including: steps, slides, exercise bands, cycles, yoga mats, and hand weights.
- The Fitness Studios can be divided to accommodate limited practice and performance sessions for a variety of student organizations. There is limited availability for scheduling by organizations, however.
- Group Fitness and Sport Clubs have priority over all other scheduling.
- No wrestling, sparring, or spitting is permitted in the Rec Room.
- The weight training area provides circuit training equipment featuring state-of-the-art Cybex machines and a full line of free weights.
- Five-toed shoes (i.e. Vibram shoes) are now allowed to be worn in the weight room.
- Facility Reservations
- Spencer Student Recreation Center (SRC)
- Outdoor Facilities
- Sipolt Memorial Disc Golf Course
- Harry Mussatto Golf Course
- Mezzanine Level
- Track Level
- Arena Level
- Aquatics Center
- Facility Reservations
- Campus Rec Facilities Map
- Guest Passes & Memberships
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224