Spencer Student Recreation Center
Whether you want to lift weights, go for a run, take a dip in the pool or socialize with friends, we have something for everyone.
All enrolled, fee-paying students at Western Illinois University are members of the Spencer Student Recreation Center at no additional costs.
Note: Recreation schedules may be altered due to weather, Intramural Sports, University holidays, Rec Events, or as participation warrants.
Front Desk and Oasis
- The Front Desk serves as the main entry to the Spencer Student Recreation Center where students and members must show their WIU ID's for admittance.
- The Front Desk has a variety of equipment, food, and drink for sale.
- Reservations for racquetball and wallyball courts are taken at the Front Desk, (309) 298-2797.
- Memberships, $5.00 guest passes, and $30.00 10-visit punch cards are also sold at the Front Desk.
- All sales are cash, check, or Rocky dollars only.
- Open during building hours, this area is designated for relaxation and socialization purposes. Food and beverage are permitted.
- A variety of sport drinks, snacks, and soft drinks may be purchased at the Front Desk.
Lost & Found
- The lost & found is located at the Front Desk.
Colgate and Keeney Conference Rooms
- The Colgate and Keeney Rooms are available to host student organization meetings.
- Each room seats approximately 30 people.
- Requests for these rooms may be made by filling out a Campus Recreation Facility Request Form at least 72 hours prior to the requested time.
- The organization will be notified via email regarding the availability of the room requested.
Campus Recreation Office
- The Campus Recreation Office staff works directly with intramural sports, fitness programs, aquatics, special events, scheduling, and marketing.
- Information about events/programs, indoor and outdoor facility reservations, student employment, and much more is available from this office.
- The Campus Recreation Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and is closed on the weekends.
- The Campus Recreation Office phone number is (309) 298-1228, or you can email us at C-Recreation@wiu.edu.
- An elevated indoor track surrounds the gymnasium and the multi-activity courts (MAC), providing indoor comfort for walkers and joggers.
- Inside lane - 8.46 laps (roughly 8 1/2 laps)= 1 mile
- Middle lane - 8.23 laps (roughly 8 1/4 laps)= 1 mile
- Outside lane - 7.99 laps (roughly 8 laps)= 1 mile
- This room has a 100# heavy bag and a speed bag.
- Hand wraps must be used at all times.
- Check out speed bag and hand wraps are available at the Equipment Room.
- This area features state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment that includes: stair steppers, stationary bikes, rowing machines, arc trainers, ellipticals, and treadmills.
- Daily sign-up sheets are provided for reserving cardio equipment, during fall and spring semesters.
Racquetball Courts (through the Court Room door on Track Level)
- Four courts may be reserved for racquetball or wallyball.
- One-hour reservations (on the hour) may be made by contacting the Front Desk at (309) 298-2797.
Aquatics Center (located west of the Court Room)
- A 25-yard, 6-lane pool provides opportunities for lap swimming, water aerobics, water basketball, open swim, and family swim.
- The Center also includes an 8-person hot tub and a sauna. No one under the age of 16 is allowed to use the hot tub or sauna—no exceptions!
Multi Activity Courts (MAC)
- Three multipurpose courts are available for open recreation, intramural competition, sport club events, and special event activities.
- MAC can be used for basketball, volleyball, roller hockey, and indoor soccer. Please note that certain sports can only be played on specific courts.
- Court 3 is designated for VOLLEYBALL on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 p.m. until close during the academic year. This rule is subject to change due to outside rentals or special events.
- A variety of sports equipment including volleyballs, basketballs, softball bats and balls, tennis/badminton racquets, racquetball racquets, disc golf discs, and other equipment is available for checkout.
- Locks for lockers, hand and shower towels are available for daily use, at no charge, and may be checked out from the Equipment Room.
- The Fitness Studios offer a pitch control stereo system, mirrored walls, a wooden floor, and various fitness equipment including: steps, slides, exercise bands, cycles, yoga mats, and hand weights.
- The Fitness Studios can be divided to accommodate limited practice and performance sessions for a variety of student organizations. There is limited availability for scheduling by organizations, however.
- Group Fitness and Sport Clubs have priority over all other scheduling.
- No wrestling, sparring, or spitting is permitted in the Rec Room.
- The weight training area provides circuit training equipment featuring state-of-the-art Cybex machines and a full line of free weights.
- Five-toed shoes (i.e. Vibram shoes) are now allowed to be worn in the weight room.
Facilities Quick Info
- Facility Reservations
- Rec Center & Aquatics Center Hours
- Guest Passes & Memberships
- Aquatics Center
- Campus Rec Facilities Map
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224