Fee-paying students of Western Illinois University are automatically members of the Student Recreation Center.
- Graduates of Western, faculty, staff, retired employees and their domestic partners and spouses are eligible to purchase a membership.
- Alumni (graduate) status of WIU will be verified.
- Only Spoon River College students who live in WIU Residence Halls are eligible to purchase a membership.
- Faculty/Staff/Retired who are taking classes can qualify for a free membership only if they also have a fee-paying WIU class verified that is not a waiver class. This information can only be verified Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by our Business Manager.
- ALL membership sales are conducted at the Front Desk during regular building hours.
All memberships, except employee payroll deduction, are payable by cash or check only.
- Students who were enrolled in Spring 2014 classes, but not enrolled in Summer 2014 classes OR
- Students pre-enrolled in Fall 2014 classes, but not enrolled in Summer 2014 classes are ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE a summer membership.
- Cost is $105 and must be paid by cash or check. We do not accept credit or debit cards.
- Dates of summer memberships are May 11, 2014 to August 11, 2014.
- If you are a membership-eligible individual (faculty, staff, alumni or spouse or domestic partner of one of these) you are eligible to purchase a daily pass to the Rec Center for $5.00.
- You'll need to provide your WIU ID or a photo ID, pay $5.00 by cash or check, and sign a waiver.
- We think this is a GREAT way to try out our facilities and see how a healthy lifestyle will fit into your daily schedule. (These passes are not eligible for hosting guests.)
- Any member can purchase a $5.00 guest pass for a non-member. Members are allowed a maximum of two guests per day.
- We keep both the member's and the guest's ID cards during their use of the facility.
- Guests must be 16 or older and present a valid picture ID.
- Guests age 16-17 years must have a parent or guardian signed waiver, and be accompanied by the member at all times.
- Guests over the age of 18, must sign a waiver, and be accompanied by the member at all times.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the facility except during Family Swim or another event specified for children.
Faculty/Staff/Retired (& their spouses/domestic partners), Sodexo employees, Chaplains, and WIU Alumni and spouses/domestic partners. There is no additional charges for attending fitness classes.
- 10 visits/punches: $30.00
Introductory Wellness Memberships
- Campus Recreation is offering a Wellness Membership in support of the WIU Employee Wellness program.
- All WIU alumni, administrators, faculty, and staff--who have never had a membership before--may try out the Spencer Student Recreation Center by purchasing a one-time, six-week trial membership for $25.00.
- For additional information, contact our Business Manager, Julie Terstriep at (309) 298-1228, Ext. 230, or stop by our Front Desk.
Faculty/Staff/Retired (& their spouses/domestic partners), Sodexo employees and Chaplains. There is no additional charges for attending fitness classes. Your membership includes fitness class attendance.
- Fall or Spring Semester: $150.00
- Summer Semester: $105.00
- 3 Month Membership: $105.00 - any three consecutive months
- Yearly: $300.00
- Payroll Deduction for Yearly Memberships Only: $25/month or $12.50/bi-weekly or semi-monthly pay (Payroll deductions will continue until a Revocation Card is completed with Payroll.)
WIU Student's spouses/domestic partners, Spoon River College Residential/Online/Quad City Students:
- Fall or Spring Semester: $150.00
- Summer Semester: $105.00
WIU Alumni and spouses/domestic partners:
- Fall or Spring Semester: $175.00
- Summer Semester: $120.00
- 3 Month Membership: $120 - any three consecutive months
- Yearly: $350.00
Domestic Partnership information
Domestic Partners of Faculty or Staff must have Domestic Partnership Agreement paperwork on file with the Human Resources Office at Western Illinois University prior to the purchase of a membership.
Domestic Partners of students must have Domestic Partnership Agreement paperwork on file with the Vice President for Student Services (321 Sherman Hall, 309/298-1814) prior to the purchase of a membership.
- Fall Semester memberships - August 24, 2014 to December 23, 2014
- Spring Semester memberships - January 2, 2015 to May 16, 2015
- Summer Semester memberships - May 17, 2015 to August 23, 2015
- Yearly memberships are for one full calendar year.
Golf Rec Combo
A purchase of a season pass to the Harry Mussatto Golf Course and a yearly membership to the Spencer Student Recreation Center entitles you to a discount on both. Available to Western Illinois University Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Retired and their Spouses or Domestic Partners.
- Golf Course: A three-month payroll deduction membership is available for the HMGC. Use credit or debit card, or make check payable to HMGC in the amount of $435.00 for WIU Faculty, Staff, Alumni, or Retired Individual and an additional $255.00 for Spouse or Domestic Partner.
- Rec Center: A monthly payroll deduction membership is available for the Rec Center. Payroll deduction memberships to the Rec Center are obligated to pay all 12 months of membership. Cannot be revoked prior to one year. The Rec Center portion of this combo must be purchased at the Spencer Student Recreation Center, 1001 West University Drive, Macomb, Illinois 61455.We cannot accept credit or debit cards at the Rec Center. Make check payable to WIU Campus Recreation in the amount of $255.00 for each member. For more information, call Julie Terstriep, Campus Recreation Business Manager, at (309) 298-2773.
Have a Question?
Contact: Julie Terstriep, Business Manager, at JL-Terstriep@wiu.edu or (309) 298-1228 for any questions regarding Campus Recreation membership.
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224