Fee-paying students of Western Illinois University are automatically members of the Student Recreation Center.
- Graduates of Western, faculty, staff, retired employees and their domestic partners and spouses are eligible to purchase a membership.
- Alumni (graduate) status of WIU will be verified.
- Only Spoon River College students who live in WIU Residence Halls are eligible to purchase a membership.
- Faculty/Staff/Retired who are taking classes can qualify for a free membership only if they also have a fee-paying WIU class verified that is not a waiver class. This information can only be verified Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by our Julie Terstriep, Business Manager.
- ALL membership sales are conducted at the Front Desk during regular building hours.
All memberships, except employee payroll deduction, are payable by cash or check only.
- Students who were enrolled in Spring 2017 classes, but not enrolled in Summer 2017 classes OR
- Students pre-enrolled in Fall 2017 classes, but not enrolled in Summer 2017 classes are ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE a summer membership.
- Cost is $105 and must be paid by cash or check. We do not accept credit or debit cards.
- Dates of summer memberships are May 14, 2017 to August 21, 2017.
- Summer memberships are pro-rated.
- If you are a membership-eligible individual (faculty, staff, alumni or spouse or domestic partner of one of these) you are eligible to purchase a daily pass to the Rec Center for $5.
- You'll need to provide your WIU ID or a photo ID, pay $5 by cash or check, and sign a waiver.
- We think this is a GREAT way to try out our facilities and see how a healthy lifestyle will fit into your daily schedule. (These passes are not eligible for hosting guests.)
- Any member can purchase a $5 guest pass for a non-member. Members are allowed a maximum of two guests per day.
- We keep both the member's and the guest's ID cards during their use of the facility.
- Guests must be 16 or older and present a valid picture ID.
- Guests age 16-17 years must have a parent or guardian signed waiver, and be accompanied by the member at all times.
- Guests over the age of 18, must sign a waiver, and be accompanied by the member at all times.
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the facility except during Family Swim or another event specified for children.
Faculty/Staff/Retired (and their spouses/domestic partners), Sodexo employees, chaplains, and WIU alumni and spouses/domestic partners. There is no additional charge for attending fitness classes. Punch cards expire on June 30 each year. Any punches not used will be forfeited.
- 10 visits/punches: $30
- Available to Faculty/Staff/Retired/Alumni (& their spouses/domestic partners) AGE 50 AND OLDER.
- Pass is $15.
- Pass is good for one month.
- Allows individual to use of the walking track only at the Rec Center.
Introductory Wellness Memberships
- Campus Recreation is offering a Wellness Membership in support of the WIU Employee Wellness program.
- All WIU alumni, administrators, faculty, and staff--who have never had a membership before--may try out the Spencer Student Recreation Center by purchasing a one-time, six-week trial membership for $25.
- For additional information, contact our the Campus Recreation Office at (309) 298-1228 or stop by our Front Desk.
Faculty/Staff/Retired (and their spouses/domestic partners), Sodexo employees, and chaplains. There is no additional charge for attending fitness classes. Your membership includes fitness class attendance.
- Fall or Spring Semester: $150
- Summer Semester: $105
- 3 Month Membership: $105 - any three consecutive months
- Yearly: $300
- Payroll Deduction for Yearly Memberships Only: $25/month or $12.50/bi-weekly or semi-monthly pay (Available for WIU employees only.)
- Payroll deductions will continue until a Revocation Card is completed with Payroll. Your payroll deduction will continue in perpetuity until you revoke it.
- If you revoke your membership prior to September of the current year, you may not reinstate the payroll deduction membership until after September 1. You may pay cash or check for a membership until the September 1 date.
WIU student's spouses/domestic partners, Spoon River College residential, online, Quad City students:
- Fall or Spring Semester: $150
- Summer Semester: $105
- Pro-rated cost for Spring 2017 Semester Memberships
WIU Alumni and spouses/domestic partners:
- Fall or Spring Semester: $175
- Summer Semester: $120
- 3 Month Membership: $120 - any three consecutive months
- Yearly: $350
Domestic Partnership information
Domestic Partners of Faculty or Staff must have Domestic Partnership Agreement paperwork on file with the Human Resources Office at Western Illinois University prior to the purchase of a membership.
Domestic Partners of students must have Domestic Partnership Agreement paperwork on file with the Vice President for Student Services, Sherman Hall 321, (309) 298-1814, prior to the purchase of a membership.
- Fall Semester memberships - August 21, 2017 to December 23, 2017
- Spring Semester memberships - January 2, 2017 to May 13, 2017
- Summer Semester memberships - May 14, 2017 to August 20, 2017
- Cash yearly memberships are for one full calendar year.
Have a Question?
Contact:Campus Recreation at 309/298-1228 for any questions regarding Campus Recreation membership.
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224