Sipolt Memorial Disc Golf Course
Where to get Discs
- Daily checkout of Disk Golf sets are available for WIU students and members from the Spencer SRC Equipment Room and the Lincoln/Washington Front Desk.
- Discs are also sold at the University Union Bookstore and in the sporting sections of most stores.
Disc Golf Rules
- Disc golf is played much like traditional golf. The object is to throw the disc from the tee area to the target “basket” in the fewest number of throws.
- Players must tee off from the tee pad. Be sure the players in front of you are out of range.
- When playing a hole, the player farthest away from the basket throws first.
- The hole is complete when a player’s disc lands in the basket or chains.
- The player with the least number of throws on the last hole tees off first on the next hole.
- Discs landing on roads, parking lots, sand volleyball courts, etc. are considered out-of- bounds (OB). Players OB shall incur a one stroke penalty and then throw from the point within one meter of where the disc crossed the OB line.
- The spot where your previous throw has landed is called the "lie". To begin your next throw, your lead foot must be on or within 11 inches directly behind the lie. The other foot may be no closer to the hole than the lie. A run-up and natural follow through after release is allowed.
- Any disc that comes to rest above the ground (in a tree or bush) is considered an unplayable lie. The disc must be thrown from the lie on the ground directly beneath the unplayable lie (one stroke penalty).
- On holes 6 & 8, the red line on the hole sign indicates a “mandatory route”. Your disc must pass to the left of the line and each obstacle throughout the hole (penalty-2 strokes).
- If you want to keep track of your score, print out a Disc Golf Score Card!
- Please make sure your discs have your name on them. Lost discs should be turned in at the Front Desk in the Spencer SRC. Please do not throw over or into parking lots. Players are responsible for any damage to cars, windows, property, etc.
- Please help pick up trash on the course.
From the North via US 67
Follow US 67 into Macomb. Turn right on Adams Street - one block past the second stoplight. Proceed 4.5 blocks west on Adams Street.
From the East and South on US 67 and 136
Follow US 67/136 into Macomb to the point where the two routes split (Lafayette Street). Turn right on US 67 North. Go one block and turn left on Adams Street. Proceed 4.5 blocks west on Adams Street.
From the West on US 136
Follow US 136 into Macomb to the junction with US 67 (Lafayette Street). Turn left on US 67 North. Go one block and turn left on Adams Street. Proceed 4.5 blocks west on Adams Street.
From the downtown square
Go north 3 blocks on Randolph Street. Turn left on Adams Street. Proceed west 5.5 blocks on Adams Street.
The course will be on your right. The first tee is located on the east side of Lincoln/Washington Residence Hall. There is free on-street parking on Adams Street next to the course.
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224