The Aquatics Center is a fully accessible facility staffed with friendly, professional lifeguards who ensure a safe and positive aquatic environment. We are open in the early morning, at noon, and in the late afternoon/early evening for your convenience. The facility includes a 25-yard pool, an 8-person hot tub, a sauna, and adjacent locker rooms. Informal recreation activities such as water basketball, open swimming, aqua classes, and lap swimming are offered. The Aquatics Center provides a variety of water fitness equipment and is ADA compliant.
This schedule does not reflect breaks, holidays or finals week.
- 25 yards long
- 6 Lanes wide
- ADA Lift Accessible
- Average Temperature: 80 - 82° F
- 4 feet to 12 feet deep
AquaClimb Poolside Climbing Wall
- Our NEWEST feature!
- Climb heights almost 16 feet above the water!
- Enjoy the plunge into the deep end of the pool!
- Open as long as the Aquatics Center is open.
- Add small amounts of water to reach your desired temperature.
- Maximum capacity: 16 people
- Long sleeves or pants are not allowed.
- Relax or Rehab in our Hot
- ADA Lift accessible
- Maximum Capacity: 8 people
- Average Temperature: 103° F
Mile High Club
- Scale the AquaClimb 330 times and you will have climbed a total of ONE MILE!
- Climb as many times as you want each day
- Your climbs carry over semester to semester so you won't lose your total
- Sign up and record your climbs with the lifeguard on duty
If there are accommodations we can provide to facilitate your full participation in this program/event, contact the Campus Recreation Office at (309) 298-1228.
Please allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation.
Family Swim (Free)
Sundays, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Students and University employees are invited to bring their immediate families and must be present during Family Swim.
- A Spencer Student Recreation Center membership is not required, however a signed waiver with the WIU affiliate and their valid WIU ID is needed.
- Children must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times and must also remain one arm's distance from their child and in the water at all times.
- Immediate family members who are under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian sign a Family Swim Waiver, no exceptions.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed to use the whirlpool or sauna. No exceptions.
- Please note the schedule does not reflect breaks, holidays or finals week.
Lap/ Open Swim
- Morning Hours
- 5:30-9:00 a.m. | 4 lanes will be open, and AquaClimb use available upon request
- Lunch Hours
- 11:00-1:00 p.m. | 4 lanes will be open
- Evening Hours
- 3:00-5:00 p.m. | 4 lanes will be open
- 5:00-6:00 p.m. | Aqua Zumba class, 2 lanes will be open for lap swim
- 6:00-9:00 p.m. | 2 lanes with be open
NEW! Adult Swim Lessons
- American Red Cross certified Water Safety Instructor
Learning the Basics or Improving Skills and Swimming Strokes
Student - $25
Member - $30
Non-Member - $35
Student - $100
Member - $110
Non-Member - $125
Courses will consist of eight 45-minute lessons. Call Pat McGrath, Director of Aquatics and Outdoor Pursuits, at (309) 298-1228, Ext. 238, to register. Online registration coming soon. To register today, our Swim Lesson Registration Form is now available. Simply return it to the Campus Recreation Office when completed.
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224