Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Spencer SRC Policies
In order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone, we ask that all patrons adhere to the policies. Listed below is important information on various policies. Please do not hesistate to contact Campus Recreation at (309) 298-2797 if you have any questions.
Spencer Student Recreation Center
- Students and members must present their valid WIU student ID to enter the Spencer SRC at all times. This policy applies to Intramural sports and Special Event participants unless otherwise specified.
- Any individual using a false ID or allowing someone else to use their ID to enter the Spencer SRC will be suspended from the Spencer SRC for a minimum of two weeks.
Guest Passes & Memberships
- For more information on memberships and guest passes, please visit our Membership Information page.
- Racquetball and Wallyball reservations may be made by calling the Spencer SRC Front Desk at (309) 298-2797.
- For more information on facility reservations, please visit our facilities page.
- A limited number of half-sized lockers are available for rent in the Main Locker Rooms. Contact the Front Desk at (309) 298-2797 for more information.
- Cost for rental are as follows:
- $50 for a calendar year
- $40 for an academic year
- $25 for a semester
Upon entering the Student Recreation Center, All Patrons Must Wear Shirts That Cover the Torso Area at All Times Within the Facility (exception of the Aquatics Center only).
- Sleeveless shirts are acceptable, as long as they are not cut from the armpit area and below...exposing the torso and back area.
- Patrons who do not meet this requirement will not be allowed into the Student Recreation Center.
- We are not allowing these shirts to be worn in any areas of the Student Recreation Center (weightroom, track, cardio, arena courts, racquetball courts).
- Basketball players will be required to wear a shirt. “Shirts vs Skins” games will not be allowed.
You may be asked by a Front Desk attendant to return with appropriate shirts before you can enter the Rec Center.
Food & Beverages
- The Keeney Room, Colgate Room, and the Oasis are the only areas of the Spencer SRC where food and beverages are permitted.
- Only water is allowed past the Front Desk.
- For your safety, and the preservation of our floors, you are required to wear only clean and dry aerobic, cross training, or court shoes in the Spencer SRC.
- Employees may ask anyone wearing inappropriate shoes to discontinue participation.
- Medical emergencies or first aid requests should be directed to the supervisor on duty. This contact can be made through the Equipment Room, Front Desk, or Aquatics Center.
- Please notify the Campus Recreation staff if you have a condition that may require assistance.
Facility Safety Procedures
- Emergency exits are located throughout the building.
- Please use them only in case of an emergency.
- Should a tornado siren sound indicating a tornado warning, everyone in the Center will be required to move immediately to the locker rooms located between the mezzanine and arena levels.
- ID Policy
- Guest Passes & Memberships
- Locker Rental
- Additional Policies
- Emergency Assistance
- Facility Safety Procedures
- Campus Rec Facilities Map
- General Building Policies
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224