Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Beu Health Center
Student Health Insurance
Student Health Insurance is mandatory for all Western Illinois University students who are taking 9 semester hours or more or more of on-campus classes*. The Student Health Insurance is considered primary insurance. It provides the student with guaranteed coverage, 24 hours a day protection and a very low deductible. WIU’s Student Insurance provides coverage for mental health and substance abuse issues, as well as hospital stays, maternity care and ambulance transport.
The Student Health Insurance office is located in the Lower Level of Beu Health Center. Call (309) 298-1882 for more information. Hearing Impaired Students call TTY: (309) 298-1856.
Insurance Services - What We Can Do For You
The WIU Student Insurance waiver is now active and can be accessed online
Please follow the login instructions on this page to access the waiver. You will need your student ID# and your birth date to initially login. You are only able to log into this system if you have enrolled in classes at WIU. Please wait 48 hours after you enroll in classes to attempt the login process. Call our office if you have any questions at (309) 298-1882 or email at email@example.com
- Get $$ back from your visit to Beu
- Guide you to understanding insurance after you graduate
- Help you understand your outside coverage (if you have it)
- Help complete complicated insurance forms from outside carriers
2014-2015 Student Health Insurance Benefits
Benefits at a Glance
The plan protects all eligible students 24 hours a day. Continuous year-round coverage is available if the student maintains 9 semester hours, undergraduate or graduate, during the fall and spring semesters.
- Fall Semester: 08/01/2014 (12:01 a.m.) to 1/31/2015 (midnight)
- Spring Semester: 02/01/2015 (12:01 a.m.) to 07/31/2015 (midnight)
All students who are registered for 9 undergraduate or graduate semester hours during the Fall and Spring Terms* will be eligible for coverage under this Plan. All graduate assistants under contract with the University and enrolled in on-campus classes, WESL students and Spoon River College students residing in University housing are also assessed the fee for this coverage. All students eligible for coverage under this Plan will be assessed a Student Health Insurance fee on their University bill.
*excluding post session, extension, correspondence, extramural or on-line hours
Students can also sign-up for coverage by contacting the Student Health Insurance Office.
- Extension, on-line and WIU-QC students who register for 9, 10 or 11 hours. Application to be made during the first ten days of the term. Application must be made each semester coverage is desired.
- Undergraduate and graduate students who require less than 9 hours to graduate, have graduate clearance forms on file, and are registered for 6, 7 or 8 hours. Applications are to be made during the first ten days of the term.
- Student per Semester: $467.00
- In the event of an injury or illness, an insured student MUST:If on campus or residing locally, report to Beu Health Center for proper medical treatment.
- For outpatient treatment of mental illness or substance abuse, contact the Director of the Counseling Center and/or Director of Beu Health Center to determine if a professional non-University referral is necessary.
- If away from the University consult a Physician or Hospital immediately for treatment.
Student Health Insurance
Western Illinois University's Student Accident and Illness Insurance Plan is intended to supplement and complement services normally available to students through Beu Health Center. Services of the Health Center are available to all students. Even if you are not covered by Student Insurance, you may still use the Health Center at no additional charge. The Student Health Insurance Office is located in the lower level of Beu Health Center.