Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
State University Annuitants Association
The Western Illinois University Chapter (WIU-SUAA) was established on October 9, 1981.
The purpose of the chapter is to:
- Promote the individual and collective interests and welfare of annuitants and prospective annuitants.
- Promote discussion with and service to the university.
- Improve communications between the university and its retirees.
- Provide social events for its members.
- Promote discussion and participation with other annuitant organizations in the State of Illinois.
We communicate with legislators, other public officials, and candidates for office on issues important to annuitants, such as;
- full funding of state pension programs
- protection of cost-of-living increases, and
- retention of current income tax exemptions for retirement benefits.
Nov. 21, 9:30 & 1:30 - State benefits insurance presentation. Wesley United Methodist Church
Tues., Feb. 4, 2014. Noon - Snow Bunny potluck. First Presbyterian Church. Snow date: Feb. 11
Tues., May 13, 2014 - Annual meeting and banquet. Wesley United Methodist Church.
The Board of Directors holds monthly meetings;
- 10:00 a.m., 1st Thursday of the month, at Wesley United Methodist Church (Library Conference Room.)
Interested members are encouraged to attend.