Office of the Registrar
10. A Brief Review
- You are responsible for protecting student data in your possession.
- Education records may not be released without the written consent of the student.
- Individual directory information may be released without written consent, except when the student has filed a "Exclusion of Directory Information Form." Excluded information may not be released.
- University employees may access and use private education records only as necessary to conduct official business that is related to the educational interests of the student.
- Take appropriate measures to protect student records that are stored on personal computers and local networks.
- If in doubt, do not release information about a student. Refer requests to the Office of the Registrar.
- If you have questions about FERPA, contact the Office of the Registrar.
When you are ready, click below to take the Quiz.