Quad Cities Campus
Disability Resource Center
Western Illinois University is committed to justice, equity, and diversity. Providing equal opportunities for students with disabilities is a campus-wide responsibility and commitment in which the Disability Resource Center (DRC) plays a primary role. For further information, please visit the WIU-Macomb DRC site.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) protects qualified students from discrimination on the basis of disability and ensures the provision of reasonable accommodations. DRC coordinates these accommodations and additional services for qualified students with disabilities enrolled at Western. While eligibility for services is determined on a case-by-case basis, listed below are examples of typical accommodations that students might receive.
- Alternative testing arrangements (extended time, reduced-distraction environment, reader, scribe, etc.)
- Alternative format for required course materials (Braille, E-Text, enlarged copies)
- Accessible classroom furniture
- Assistance requesting an accessible room in the residence halls
- Sign language interpreters
- Assistance with obtaining lecture notes
- FM Assistive Listening equipment loan
For more information about Disability Resources at WIU-QC or to schedule an appointment:
WIU-QC Student Services
Phone: (309)762-9481 x62573