Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
The purpose of the Counseling Association at Western Illinois University is to foster the counselor educational development of participants in the WIU-QC Counseling Association. This association is a Chapter of the Illinois Counseling Association (ICA). The Counseling Association hosts an event called, "Manage Your Stress Week" twice a year. This is an opportunity for all WIU-QC students, faculty, and staff to learn about ways to reduce stress, which is often related to final exam week. Counselor Education volunteers provide relaxation sessions and educational information to students on stress management. The association supports each other and learn about all the opportunities this association supports. Community advocacy service activities, such as a Thanksgiving Food Drive, Adopt a Family, and a homeless shelter dinner are also supported by this association. New ideas are always welcome and you do not need to be in the Department of Counselor Education to join!
CA Advisor is Dr. Carrie Alexander-Albritton.
- February 8th-Place2B Volunteering
- February 18th- Meeting @ 6:45- 60th St 2nd Floor Lobby
- April 25th- Take Back the Night
- April 27th- Chi Sig/Counseling Association Trivia Night Fundraiser
- April 29th-May 2nd- Manage Your Stress Week
- May 12th- End of the Year Awards/Recognition Banquet
President- Leslie Scheck