Quad Cities Campus
Doris & Victor Day Foundation Student Teaching Scholarship Spring 2015
Western Illinois University has been awarded funds through the Doris and Victor Day Foundation to assist Student Teachers who meet the criteria listed below in successfully completing their WIU teaching requirements at WIU-Quad Cities for the Spring 2015 Semester. These awards will assist student teachers in making the commitment to a semester of student teaching, and ultimately attain their degree objectives.
To qualify, a student must:
- Be enrolled in a Student Teacher program for Spring 2015.
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Provide an ESSAYof not more than 1,000 words which demonstrates all three of the following criteria:
- a. The factors contributing to your needs for funds.
- b. Your pursuit of funds to meet those needs.
- c. Non-financial reasons you are deserving of this award.
- Create a separate Statement of Income and Expenses and attach it to the Application. Financial need must be directly related to student teaching costs such as tuition, child care, transportation, food. clothing, and teaching materials.
- Provide three Letters of Support (one must be a college professor).
Deadline for submission: Monday, February 9, 2015 by 4:00 p.m. at the Student Affairs Desk in Quad Cities Complex. No applications will be accepted after 4:00 pm.
Applications may be picked up at the Student Affairs Desk in Quad Cities Complex.
For additional information, contact Curtis Williams or Donna Schroeder at (309)762-9481