Quad Cities Campus
Ina Duncan Banks Memorial Fund Scholarship – Due Wednesday, March 16, 2016
- $1,000 Scholarship will be awarded in 2016
- Applicant should be a female, undergraduate student who wishes to continue her education to pursue challenging and diverse career opportunities
- Applicant must have successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate work and should be entering her junior or senior year of college
- Applicant must be a resident of Rock Island County, Illinois who is attending or plans to attend a 4 year college or university
- Applicant must show high academic achievement, community service involvement, and to some extent, financial need
- Submit: Transcript, Essay in 200 words or less on "What is your chosen career field" or "What challenges you about attending college?." and two letters of reference
Great River Bend Community Foundation
Additional Private Scholarships
Faculty and Staff:
Please forward any additional outside Scholarship information to the WIU-QC Scholarship Office:
Private Scholarships are scholarships offered by providers who are not directly affiliated with Western Illinois University and the recipients may or may not be WIU students. There are many private scholarships available, as well as national scholarship search organizations. However, it is important that you educate yourself with the scholarship provider ensure the company is reputable before completing an application. Because these scholarships are through private sources, the WIU Scholarship Office cannot always verify their validity.
Avoid Scholarship Scams
Be aware of financial scams when researching and applying for private scholarships. Avoid scholarship agencies and applications that require a fee, guarantee financial assistance, or require attendance at a seminar. Be wary of completing an application or process that asks for personal information such as bank account number, credit card number, or Social Security number. Read the fine print!