Western Illinois University - Quad Cities - Academics
Web Tools and Search Bar
Quad Cities Campus
High School Seniors/Freshman
The opportunity to start at WIU-QC as a freshman is now a reality through a partnership program through select community colleges and WIU.
How does this work?
A student will enroll in courses at WIU and courses with a partnering community college for the first two years. Each student will have individualized advising session to determine a semester-by-semester plan they will follow to ensure courses taken at the community college not only transfer, but also align nicely within a four year degree plan.
This is a great way for a student to begin their college journey and be able to remain in the Quad Cities for the completion of their bachelor's degree.
Most majors are available through the linkages program. Contact WIU-QC Admissions (309)762-1495 or email WIU-QC-Admissions@wiu.edu for more information.
How do I apply?
1. Fill out an undergraduate admissions application online.
*Be sure to select student type as "linkage" and location "Quad Cities".
2. Fill out the Linkages Addendum form and mail to:
3300 River Drive
Moline, Illinois 61265
*This is how we know you want to participate in the linkages specific program.
3. Send in ANY transcripts. This includes high school and any college if you have earned dual credit.
4. Send in ACT scores if not listed on your high school transcript.
Students must meet freshman admissions requirements which are:
- 2.63 - 3.34 High School GPA
- 18 - 23 ACT composite score
Contact the WIU-QC Admissions office for questions and details.
Some programs will have additional admission requirements such as Elementary and Early Childhood Education.
In order for students to remain eligible for this program they must:
- Maintain a 2.0 college GPA
- Remain enrolled in their community college courses and their WIU course each semester
- Benefit significantly from the WIU Cost Guarantee. Beginning as a freshman just by taking the one course will lock in that starting year tuition and fee rate for the next four years (tuition and fees will not increase for four years) This is a savings of over 15% by graduation!
- Earn an Associate’s degree from a partner community college and a Bachelor’s degree from WIU in a seamless manner, with supportive academic and career advisement throughout.
- Experience the academic excellence, educational and co-curricular opportunities, and personal attention that both institutions provide.