Quad Cities Campus
WIU-QC Emissary Program
Be an Emissary
Assist with Fall and Spring Orientation programs, school recruitment visits with admissions personnel, and other on campus special events.
- Assist new students and their families in their Western Illinois University transition.
- Join other selected student leaders for a fun and rewarding experience
- Gain valuable career-enhancing leadership experience.
- Opportunities for Talent Grant Scholarships
- Present and facilitate small group sessions and discussions.
- Lead campus tours.
- Assist with the physical set up and teardown of programs.
- Serve as a guide and resource person for incoming students and families.
- Play an active role in Fall and Spring Orientation sessions
- Assist with special events on the QC campus or in the community
- Attend Emissary meetings and trainings
- Assist with recruiting event throughout the semester(s)
- Assist with admissions and student services office tasks on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Commit to working 37.5 hours in the various responsibilities each semester
Application & Selection Process
Applications are now being accepted.
Contact Kassie Daly at KJ-Daly@wiu.edu or 309-762-3999 ext. 62348 for more information or for application materials.
- Enrollment at Western Illinois University for the upcoming fall semester.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of application and throughout tenure of position.
- Prior leadership experience preferred, but no required.
- General knowledge of Western Illinois University (training will be provided).
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead tours of campus, escort students and families around campus, and assist in the physical set up and teardown of programs.
- Availability for training, and Orientation programs.