Provost & Academic Vice President
Student Learning Assessment Committee (SLAC)
Mission and Purpose
This team of faculty and administrators, having major responsibilities for assessment at WIU, serves to make sure that assessment of student learning is appropriately conceptualized and effectively implemented.
SLAC membership includes:
- Associate Provost
- Assessment Coordinator
- Faculty Senate Chair (or representative)
- Graduate Council Chair (or representative)
- Council on General Education chair (or representative)
- Associate Dean, Teacher Education
- Associate Dean, Arts & Sciences for assessment
- Representative, Business Core
- Quad Cities representative working with HLC accreditation
- 1 or 2 Additional Members (to ensure representation from every college)
At WIU, the Student Learning Assessment Committee reflects the cooperative nature of the faculty-administration assessment enterprise.
Within this context, SLAC serves to:
- provide institutional oversight of assessment of student learning;
- identify issues and concern to be taken to the Faculty Senate, the Graduate Council, the colleges, and departments;
- provide support to Faculty Senate, the Graduate Council, colleges, and departments when necessary;
- work with necessary administrative offices (e.g., Registrar, IRP, Deans); and
- share information about assessment activities in the different areas of the university.