File code: ADM.MOVEXP.GUIDE
Approval Date: 7/21/04
Approved By: President
Moving Expenses Guidelines
New full-time tenured/tenure track faculty and selected administrative and civil service employees recruited outside the commuting area may be reimbursed for moving/relocation expenses within the following guidelines:
- The allowable reimbursement shall be actual expenditures to a maximum of $3,000. A written request for anticipated reimbursement must be submitted to the respective Vice President for approval. Any request exceeding $3,000 must be pre-approved by the President.
- Within one month after employment begins, a Direct Pay Authorization (DPA) should be submitted to the Department and forwarded to the respective Vice President.
- Receipts must be submitted for expenses incurred, including moving companies, rentals, gasoline for rentals, and lodging.
- There is no reimbursement for meals incurred. Reimbursement for house hunting expenses is not allowed.
- Gasoline receipts for one, one-way trip may be submitted for one personal vehicle. Alternatively, mileage for relocation travel will be calculated at the current Internal Revenue Service standard mileage rate per mile, one way, as determined by concentric circles from the previous location.
- If two or more individuals occupying the same household are appointed to eligible positions, the moving expense reimbursement shall not exceed the amount payable to one individual.