Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Campus Sustainability Day is Oct. 23 at WIU
October 8, 2013
MACOMB, IL – The University Sustainability Committee and Facilities Management at Western Illinois University will sponsor Campus Sustainability Day Wednesday, Oct. 23 on the Macomb campus.
The event, "From Sustainability to Savings – What We Do at WIU," runs from 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on the ground floor of the Multicultural Center and is open free to the public.
A variety of speakers will make presentations about sustainable, cost-saving initiatives, accomplishments and plans at Western. The schedule of presenters includes:
• 10 a.m. – Grounds Superintendent Tara Beal and Grounds Gardener Ginger Camp, both of Landscape Maintenance and Facilities Management
• 10:25 a.m. – Inventory Record Control Supervisor Denis Barnes, of the Property Accounting and Redistribution Center
• 11 a.m. – Director Sean O'Donnell-Brown of Document and Publication Services (DPS)
• 11:25 a.m. – Recreation, Park and Tourism Administration Assistant Professor Rob Porter
• Noon – Residential Facilities Director Joe Roselieb of University Housing and Dining
• 12:25 p.m. – Research and Instruction Consultant Beverly Baker of University Technology
1 p.m. – Facilities Management Associate Director Monte Colley and Facilities Management Electrical Engineer Nathan Brunnelson.
There will also be a green residence hall display from 10 a.m.-1p.m. in the Multicultural Center, as well as a tentatively scheduled water bottle exchange.
For more information on the event, contact Campus Sustainability Coordinator Mandi Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or (309) 298-1834.
Posted By: WIU News, University Relations
Phone: (309) 298-1993 * Fax: (309) 298-1606