Wellness Weekend at Horn Field Campus March 3-4; Register by Feb. 29
February 15, 2012
MACOMB, IL -- Nourish your body, mind and spirit at the Fourth Annual Wellness Weekend, slated for Saturday, March 3 and Sunday, March 4, at Western Illinois University's Horn Field Campus (HFC). The weekend event, to be held at HFC's 92-acre retreat, will include guided meditation, yoga, nature hikes and self-exploration sessions presented by local experts Adam Chacksfield, Karen Mauldin-Curtis and Kelley Quinn.
Cost is $30 per person, which will cover meals and optional accommodations. If you choose to stay in the Horn Field Campus cabins, please bring bedding.
Registration is due on or before Wednesday, Feb. 29; to register, contact Horn Field Campus at (309) 833-5798 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2012 Wellness Weekend will include:
- 8 a.m. – Check-in at HFC Lodge and introductions
- 9 a.m. – Morning yoga
- 10:45 – Meditation guidance
- Noon – Midday meal
- 1 p.m. – Self-exploration through the labyrinth
- 3:15 p.m. – Nondual dialogue and natural meditation
- 4:30 p.m. – Introduction to mandalas
- 6 p.m. – Evening meal
- 7 p.m. – Outdoor exploration (weather permitting)
- 7:30 p.m. – Evening yoga
- 8 p.m. – Make your own mandala
- 7 a.m. – Morning stroll
- 7:30 a.m. – Sun salutation yoga
- 8 a.m. – Morning meal
- 8:45 a.m. – Nondual dialogue and natural meditation
- 10:45 a.m. – Reflections and feed forward
- Noon – Meal
Learn more about Horn Field Campus at www.wiu.edu/coehs/rpta/horn_field_campus.
HFC is located south of Macomb on China Road. From South Johnson Street (past Macomb High School), turn right on China Road and follow the road one-quarter of a mile to the Horn Field Campus entrance. Parking is permitted on the HFC lot.