Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
BCA Announces 2013 – 2014 Entertainment Line-Up
April 22, 2013
MACOMB, IL – BCA held its annual launch party Saturday, April 20 at Citizens Bank in Macomb to announce a portion of the entertainment coming to the region for the 2013-2014 season.
BCA, advised out of the College of Fine Arts and Communication (COFAC) at Western Illinois University, brings a performing arts series to the region for students and the community, including national and international touring groups.
This year's lineup includes:
• Saturday, Sept. 21: Bria Skonberg, the award-winning trumpeter/vocalist/composer will perform as the headlining act for this year's Al Sears Jazz Festival at 7:30 p.m. in the COFAC Recital Hall. Skonberg's style is rooted in "swampy New Orleans grooves."
• Friday, Oct. 25: Joshua Kane's "Borders of the Mind: The Psychic Show for the Whole Family," 7:30 p.m. in the COFAC Recital Hall. Kane, a mentalist, will demonstrate the powers of the mind.
• Tuesday, Oct. 29: Rhythmic Circus "Feet Don't Fail Me Now!" at 7:30 p.m. in the University Union Grand Ballroom. Performers use items from sand to folding chairs as part of their entertaining performance.
• Friday, Nov. 8: Ryan & Ryan at 7:30 p.m. in the COFAC Recital Hall. The father-son piano duo will perform selections ranging from classic to contemporary.
• Sunday, Jan. 19: Axiom Brass will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the COFAC Recital Hall as the headlining act for the annual Brassfest celebration.
• Friday, Feb. 7: Switchback will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the COFAC Recital Hall. The partnership of Brian FitzGerald and Martin McCormack, Switchback performs Celtic selections. Their first album became a commercial success after Chevrolet used one of their songs to promote the Chevy Blazer.
• Wednesday, March 19: Voiceplay will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the COFAC Recital Hall. The group, formerly 42Five, began as a corner barbershop act and evolved into internationally-acclaimed performers.
• Friday, March 28: Rex Havens will perform at 8 p.m. in the University Union Grand Ballroom as part of Moms' Weekend. Havens is a comedian who has performed around the world, talking about the "hilarious miscommunications that populate our personal lives."
• Tuesday, April 29: Liam Teague, the head of Steelpan Studies and associate professor of music at Northern Illinois University, will perform with the WIU Steel Band at 7:30 p.m. in the COFAC Recital Hall.
For more information about BCA or on how to purchase season tickets, visit bcabringsthestars.com, call the Hainline Theatre Box Office at (309) 298-2900 or email BCA@wiu.edu.