MTV's "I Used to Be Fat" Trainer Joey Gloor at WIU Oct. 2-4
September 25, 2012
MACOMB, IL -- Western Illinois University students will learn about how to avoid the gain of the "Freshman 15" from personal fitness trainer Joey Gloor, from MTV's "I Used to Be Fat," Tuesday-Thursday, Oct. 2-4.
Gloor will present a mini-series on healthy choices students can make while on a college campus. He will stop by some of WIU's dining halls and conduct work-out seminars. His programs are geared to help people at every level of fitness.
"We look forward to Joey motivating and inspiring our campus community to exercise and make healthier choices," said Director of Fitness Services Kelley Popkin.
Students who participate in any of his sessions can win a free one-on-one training session with Gloor at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4 at the Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center.
Some events do require pre-registration or a membership or membership waiver for the Spencer Student Recreation Center. Contact Popkin at KA-Popkin@wiu.edu for registration and membership information for events in the Spencer Student Recreation Center (see list below).
Gloor's tentative WIU schedule is:
Tuesday, Oct. 2
- 6-7:30 p.m. — Dinner at North Dining (Bayliss-Henninger)
Wednesday, Oct. 3
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. — Interactive Lifting Session at Spencer Recreation Center (Contact Kelley Popkin at KA-Popkin@wiu.edu)
- 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.—Lunch in West Dining (Thompson Hall)
- 1-1:45 p.m.—How to get a Whole Body workout… in less than 30 minutes at Tanner Circle
- 2-3 p.m.—Healthy Living Recreation Fair at the Spencer Student Recreation Center
- 5:30 p.m.—Joey's Total Body Boot Camp at Spencer Recreation Center (Contact Kelley Popkin at KA-Popkin@wiu.edu)
Thursday, Oct. 4
- noon-1 p.m.—Lunch in COOL Commons (Corbin-Olsen)
- 1-1:45 p.m.—How to get a Whole Body workout... in less than 30 minutes, Corbin Hall Lounge
- 4:45 p.m.—Diet, Exercise and Motivation: How to Incorporate Healthy Living into Your Hectic Lifestyle, University Union Galena Room
Gloor's visit is sponsored by Chi Omega, Campus Recreation, Inter-Hall Council, Sodexo Campus Services, University Union Board and the Visiting Lectures Committee and Council on Student Activities Fund.