Art and Self Perception
University Libraries is coordinating a series of events and lectures for the 2012-13 academic year to promote events and happenings taking place across the Western Illinois University campus. A majority of the events take place either in the Leslie F. Malpass Library of the Macomb campus.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for several departments on campus, such as the Sociology and Anthropology, Physics, and Math to collaborate and cross-promote their event to a broader audience," said Phyllis Self, Dean of Libraries, "I hope people will participate in several events."
The spring 2013 schedule is as follows:
- 01/22/2013 at 6:00 p.m.
- Dominic Mario Sansone Exhibit Opening. Western Illinois University Art Gallery
- 01/29/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Esteban Araya presents, "Science Behind Iconic Space Images" at the Physical Sciences Library, 201 Currens
- 01/31/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Keith Holz presents, "The Memory of the Holocaust in the Art of Post-Wall Germany" in the Leslie F. Malpass Library, Garden Lounge
- 02/07/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Iraj Kalantari presents, "Mathematics and Technology in Service to Art" in the Leslie F. Malpass Library, Garden Lounge
- 02/20/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Slingshot Hip Hop Film and Discussion hosted by the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at the University Union, Sandburg Theatre
- 02/28/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Bill Maakestad presents, "Who is Al Sears, and Why is He Important to the History of American Music?" in the Leslie F. Malpass Library, Garden Lounge
- 03/06/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Purity Myth: the Virginity Movement's War Against Women Film and Discussion hosted by the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at the University Union, Sandburg Theatre
- 03/19/2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Restoration Cathedral Music - A Symposium, co-hosted by the School of Music, Visiting Lectures Committee, and the Council on Student Activities Fund in the University Union, Lincoln Room. For complete details and registration, please visit, www.wiu.edu/cathedralmusic.
- 03/19/2013 at 12:45 p.m.
- Restoration Cathedral Music Recital, Performed by University Singers at the Wesley United Methodist Church. For additional information, please visit www.wiu.edu/cathedralmusic.
- 03/21/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Author, Matt Kish, discusses his book Moby Dick in Pictures at the Leslie F. Malpass Library, Garden Lounge
- 03/28/2013 Immediately AFTER Performance
- Jeannie Woods hosts the post-play discussion of I Hate Hamlet! In the Horrabin Hall Theatre. Tickets to the performance must be purchased separately.
- 04/4/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Dr. Al Goldfarb presents, "The Continuing Impact of the Holocaust on the Life and Career of a Child of Survivors" in the Leslie F. Malpass Library, Garden Lounge.
- 04/10/2013 at 5:00 p.m.
- Carmen Keist presents, "Exploring Fashion as Art" in 203 Knoblach Hall.
- 04/18/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- Chris Sutton presents, "Chris Sutton Photography" in the Leslie F. Malpass Library, Garden Lounge
- 04/25/2013 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Grace Lee Film Project Film and Discussion co-hosted by the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, at the University Union, Sandburg Theatre.
Questions about the Art and Self Perception events can be directed to University Libraries’ Administration Office at (309) 298-2762.