LibQUAL 2006 Results
An Overview of the LibQUAL+ 2006 Survey
- Read the Summary (pdf) (rev. 3/15/07)
Initial Data (December 2006):
We want to thank all who participated in our recent LibQUAL Survey. The results are in and we are analyzing the questionnaire results as well as the written comments. For those of you interested in studying the data, we are making it available to you [Front Matter | Results]. As we received your comments in October we began to make changes in WIU Libraries. Some of these changes relate to our interlibrary loan policies and practices. Next semester we will install a new ILL database that will give you the ability to request and track your ILL requests online. The system will provide greater library efficiency as well as better service to you.
At this web page we will continue to provide updates on the results of our study and further changes we plan based on your comments. This is one step WIU Libraries is taking to continuously improve library services to meet your information needs.
Phyllis C. Self, Ph.D.
Dean of Libraries
LibQual at WIU Libraries: Goals
- To assess user expectations of library services using LibQual: a rigorous, well-tested, web-based survey instrument
- To benchmark WIU's results with peer institutions to determine best practices
- To intergrate best practices in the redesign of library services, programs, and initiatives and meet university goals as stated in the University's Strategic Plan
- To foster a culture of excellence in library services by incorporating systematic assessment
- To enhance library staff members' analytical skills for interpreting and acting on data