Legal Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
American Jurisprudence 2d through LexisNexis Academic
- This legal encyclopedia gives brief explanatory entries on the state of law on a topic and leads the researcher to cases, laws, and articles. (Pathway: Source Directory: Browse/Treatises & Analytical Material/American Jurisprudence 2d)
- West's Encyclopedia of American Law (1998)
- This 12-volume set is written and organized like a standard encyclopedia. Useful for background information on newsworthy topics.
- LEGLREF. KF 154 .W47 1998
- Black's Law Dictionary
- Legalese have you perplexed? Have no fear, Black's Law is here! Ninth edition available at the Government/Legal Information desk.
- LEGLREF. KF 156 .B53
- Look up legal terms in this free online legal dictionary.
WIU Libraries is now a PTRC!
Browse by Topic