Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Legal Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
- American Jurisprudence 2d through Westlaw Campus
- This legal encyclopedia gives brief explanatory entries on the state of law on a topic and leads the researcher to cases, laws, and articles.
- American Law Reports
- This is more than an encyclopedia. The information it supplies is more indepth, though it also leads you on to further research. The indexes are located on study tables in the Legal Reference section. Available through Westlaw Campus
- West's Encyclopedia of American Law (1998)
- This 12-volume set is written and organized like a standard encyclopedia. Useful for background information on newsworthy topics.
- LEGLREF. KF 154 .W47 1998
- Black's Law Dictionary
- Legalese have you perplexed? Have no fear, Black's Law is here! Ninth edition available at the Government/Legal Information desk. Also available from the main search page of Westlaw Campus Research - upper left corner.
- LEGLREF. KF 156 .B53
- Law.com Dictionary
- Look up legal terms in this free online legal dictionary.
WIU Libraries is now a PTRC!
Browse by Topic
- Civil War (U.S.)
- Constitutional Issues
- Foreign Affairs
- Illinois History
- Illinois Sites
- Indigenous Peoples
- McDonough County
- Social Issues
- Substance Abuse