Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
State Of Illinois Information
Quick Links | Consumer Information | Crime & Justice | Economy & Economic Development Environmental Information | Genealogy | Health & Vital Statistics | Statistical Databases/Sources | Subject Guides
- Find It! Illinois Government Information
- State of Illinois Homepage
- Illinois Legislative Information
- Illinois State Library
- Illinois Unclaimed Property Listing
- Illinois Division of Insurance
- Information of buying auto, health, and home insurance. You may also file a complaint online.
- Illinois Road Construction
- Map showing construction areas - from the Illinois Dept. of Transportation.
- Fact Sheets from the Attorney General's Office
- Information on auto repair, buying a car, and avoiding rip-off schemes are a few of the topics discussed here.
Crime & Justice
- Attorney General's Home Page
- Access opinions, information on services, consumer fact sheets and information dealing with criminal justice.
- Office of the State Appellate Defender
- Find out what the Appellate Defender is doing and what issues are coming up before the Illinois Supreme Court in the near future. Also find materials on Capital Punishment litigation and the entire OSAD Handbook on Briefs & Oral Arguments.
- Illinois Department of Corrections
- Look up an inmate, find an institution, apply for a job...these are just some of the services provided by this site.
- Illinois State Police
- Missing children and adults, unsolved crimes, wanted posters for various cities, and links to local law enforcement web pages are just some of the things you'll find here.
- Data Net
- Comprehensive crime statistics by county from the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority. Requires Adobe Acrobat to view. Downloadable in .dbf or .zip file formats.
- Department of Corrections
- What's the average time from admission to death row to execution? How much do death row inmates cost Illinois taxpayers each year? Learn the answers to these and other questions in statistical reports by the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- This web site tracks statistics on meth labs in Illinois and offers a lot of information about meth and the law enforcement efforts to control its production.
- DUI Fact Book
- Crime in Illinois
- Illinois Attorney General Opinions
- Illinois Criminal Law Digest
- Summaries of notable court decisions and recent legislation.
Economy & Economic Development
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Get info on starting a new business...find info on job training...learn about DCEO programs & services.
- Illinois Commerce Commission
- Actions of the commission, selected Commission orders, and daily filings in public utility cases are among the things presented here.
- State Comptroller's Office
- Take a crash course in state finance or find out the latest state fiscal information.
- Illinois Community Profiles
- Community-level information (by city) such as economic development amenities, transportation, utilities, health & education facilities, employment, tax structure, etc.
- LMI Source - Labor Market Information
- Employment/unemployment and labor force statistics for state and county.
- Fiscal Focus
- Monthly report from the State Comptroller on the fiscal condition of the state.
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Find information on state parks and recreational areas...apply for a hunting/fishing license online...check out the status of largemouth bass at your favorite fishing hole... Also, keep up to date on events and programs and changes in regulations.
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Use the Site Environmental Information Data System (SEIDS) to look up sites monitored by the IEPA in your home county. Public notices and new releases are found here; plus, a page just for kids.
- Illinois Pollution Control Board
- Keep up with the latest state environmental legislation and administrative rulings. Also view Title 35 of the Illinois Administrative Code on the web.
- Environmental Register
- Newsletter of the Illinois Pollution Control Board. Includes information on federal actions and legislative updates.
- Environmental Progress
- News from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. Quarterly
- This guide to genealogy offers links to online resources and advice on how to get started on your family tree.
- Illinois Civil War Muster and Descriptive Rolls Database
- This is a searchable database of over 250,000 men from Illinois who volunteered to fight for the Union Army. Search by last name, unit, or residence. Further information, including date of muster and rank, is available in the printed edition. Site includes histories of Illinois Civil War regiments and units; also information on how to obtain copies of original Illinois Civil War records.
Health & Vital Statistics
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Find statistics, news releases, and publications on current health concerns at this site.
- Vital Health Statistics of Illinois (some material requires Adobe Acrobat to view)
- Comprehensive summary of statistics by state, county and some larger cities includes births, deaths (and cause of death), infant mortality, and more.
Some of the databases listed below allow you to search by Illinois or Illinois counties while others have state and/or county-level statistical data contained in them.
- Agricultural Statistics - requires Adobe
- This site can be used to access statistics on agriculture production, supplies, consumption, facilities, cost, and returns.
- County and City Data Book
- The good people of the University of Virginia Social Sciences Data Center have created an interactive database that lets users customize their own data sets. A wide variety of variables for states, counties, cities and places is at your disposal from both the 1988 and 1994 CCDB.
- County Business Patterns
- Employment, wage, and establishment data for both states and counties is presented here. 1977 forward. 1993 forward (Census Bureau).
- Historical, Social, Economic and Demographic Data from the U.S. Decennial Census
- This site lets you choose variables within a given census, then provides you with a table showing the results.
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics - requires Adobe
- The book of criminal justice statistics contains state data on arrests, budgets, crimes, criminals, prisoners, sentences, and surveys. If it's a statistic you 're looking for, you'll likely find it here.
- State Personal Income
- This site provides access to state data for information such as wage and salary disbursements by industry, personal income by major source and earnings by industry.
WIU Libraries is now a PTRC!
Browse by Topic
- Civil War (U.S.)
- Constitutional Issues
- Foreign Affairs
- Illinois History
- Illinois Sites
- Indigenous Peoples
- McDonough County
- Social Issues
- Substance Abuse