While we desire to collect in all areas of academic and intellectual inquiry, our central focus is on the curriculum and the materials which support our students’ needs in terms of both instruction and research. Beyond this main objective, we will collect in areas of general information and reference, and recreational needs. Our goal is to create a high quality collection and appropriate online access to information. The Collection Development Librarian working with the Library Liaisons will monitor the selection process, evaluation of the collection, and allocation of the materials budget. Preservation and the process by which materials are withdrawn are also essential to the collection.
- We welcome Book or DVD recommendations from faculty, students, and public.
- New Books and DVDs added to the WIU Libraries. (updated monthly)
- Our Gifts Policy Statement for donating materials to the Libraries...
- Library Liaison Program
- Book Request Guidelines
- Criteria for Review of DVD Requests
- DVD Preview Request Form
- DVD Purchase Request Form
For further information, contact:
- Jeff Matlak
- phone: (309) 298-2720
- e-mail: JG-Matlak@wiu.edu