Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Center for International Studies
Western Illinois University’s admission requirements vary depending on your previous education. Find and select your level of study below to view requirements.
Undergraduate Freshmen Students
- First-year university students
- Completed high school or secondary school
- No previous university-level or post-secondary coursework
- Previous university-level or post-secondary coursework
Has not completed U.S. bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Completed a U.S. bachelor's degree or equivalent
Pursuing a master's degree or wishes to pursue a second bachelor's degree
Western's English-as-a-Second Language Institute (WESL)
If you need to improve your English skills before beginning a degree program, our English Language Institute may be right for you. The classes integrate training in reading, writing, speaking, and listening with academic development in a variety of subject areas. Learn more about the WESL Institute.