Center for International Studies

dormOn Campus Housing


Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate students at WIU are required to live on campus for 4 semesters or until they earn at least 60 credit hours.

Residence Halls (dorms) are semi-private, and have shared bathroom facilities. Dorm rooms do not have a kitchen, but residents have access to a shared kitchen in their building, so there is the ability to cook your own food. However, if you live in a residence hall, you are required to have a meal plan (there are some exceptions). This means you will pay to eat at the cafeteria and other places on campus. If you have special dietary needs, please contact the University Housing and Dining Office.

Residence Halls are divided by gender (males only live with males, and females only with females) and age (younger students live in certain halls, older students live in other halls).

There are several residence halls to choose from and the following link will help you learn more about each dorm. information:


To apply to live in the residence halls, visit the University Housing and Dining website

Only submit an application to live in a residence hall if you are 100% certain that is where you want to live. Once you submit the application, you CANNOT break your contract. You will be expected to live in a Residence Hall or pay the cost of one semester in a Residence Hall.


Graduate Students

There are several options for graduate student to live on campus.  Students can live in the following:


Contact Information 

University Housing & Dining Services                                                                                

Seal Hall, First Floor
Phone: 309-298-2461
Fax: 309-298-2122