Admission to Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an institution that is accredited by the US Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 (overall) or 3.0 (last two years’) unless a higher GPA is required by the certificate program. Probationary acceptance may be considered at the discretion of the academic department.
- Applicants must meet other prerequisites as stipulated by the certificate program.
- First-time applicants must submit an online graduate application (wiu.edu/grad/apply) and pay the $30 application fee. Current students must submit an application form to the post-baccalaureate certificate program (wiu.edu/grad/pbcapp).
- Applicants must request the Registrar of each college or university attended to send an official transcript of their coursework to the School of Graduate Studies, 1 University Circle, Macomb IL 61455. Transcripts on file in the WIU Registrar’s Office will be obtained directly by Graduate School personnel.
- Applicants may apply to a master’s program and a post-baccalaureate certificate program simultaneously.
- Students in post-baccalaureate certificate programs must submit a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Completion Application (wiu.edu/grad/pbccomp) by March 10 (spring) and October 10 (fall) to indicate completion of the certificate.