Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Admission to Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs
- Applicants for admission to post-baccalaureate certificate programs must hold a bachelor’s degree from an institution that is accredited by the appropriate U.S. Department of Education regional institutional accrediting agency.
- Admission requirements for any particular post-baccalaureate certificate program may exceed the minimum admission standards of the School of Graduate Studies.
- Application for admission must be made upon forms obtained from the School of Graduate Studies or online at wiu.edu/grad.
- Applicants must request the registrar of the college or university granting their highest degree to send a statement of degree or official transcript showing the degree and date it was conferred.
- Some programs may require official transcripts of all coursework completed.
- Verification of degree must be sent by the registrar directly to the School of Graduate Studies. Transcripts on file in the Office of the Registrar at WIU will be obtained by graduate office personnel.
If you have never applied to the School of Graduate Studies before, you should apply online at https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=wiug. You may apply for the certificate only at this time or if you wish you may apply for both a certificate and a degree program in the same application. Instructions will be provided within the application. Please note that admission into a certificate program does not guarantee admission into a degree program.
If you have already submitted an application to the School of Graduate Studies for a degree program and now wish to ADD a post-baccalaureate certificate, you only need to complete the application for post-baccalaureate certificate. Remember you will do this ONLY if you have already submitted an application and paid the $30 application fee. If you are in doubt, contact the School of Graduate Studies for assistance.