Admission of International Students
International students are subject to all requirements for admission to the School of Graduate Studies. In addition, each international student must also meet the following requirements:
1. Hold a degree that is comparable to a recognized U.S. bachelor’s degree.
2. Complete and submit the International Application for Admission. The application may be completed online at student.services.wiu.edu/admissions/int.
3. English language proficiency requirements may be viewed here.
4. Complete and submit an original Declaration of Finances form.
5. Submit original financial documentation proving evidence of adequate assets to support student during first year of study.
6. Submit a $30 application fee.
International students may also be required to remediate any deficiencies in previous college work by completing undergraduate courses at Western Illinois University.
International students interested in applying to the School of Graduate Studies should contact:
Center for International Studies
Western Illinois University
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455-1390, USA
Phone: (309) 298-2426
Fax: (309) 298-2405