Flow Chart for Degree-Seeking Students
- _____ Submit an application to the Graduate School for admission to degree program.
- _____ Complete departmental admission requirements, if applicable.
- _____ Receive an admission letter from the Graduate School.
a. If conditional admission, all conditions of admission must be met prior to filing the Graduate Degree Plan.
b. If probationary admission, probationary status must be removed via petition prior to filing the Graduate Degree Plan.
- _____ The department assigns a faculty adviser.
- _____ Meet with adviser for pre‑program planning and obtain specific departmental degree requirements.
- _____ File a Graduate Degree Plan at the departmental level prior to the completion of 21 semester hours of course work.
- _____ Receive approval of Graduate Degree Plan from the Graduate School.
- _____ Submit a thesis committee approval form to the Graduate School (if completing a thesis).
- _____ Submit a graduation apaplication by the following dates: Spring Semester, March 10; Summer Session, June 10; Fall Semester, October 10.
- _____ Complete all course work, including comprehensive exams, special projects, recitals, performances, etc., if applicable.
- _____ Submit a Reqeust to Enroll in UNIV 695 (Continuing Enrollment) if an incomplete is earned in the exit option and all other required coursework has been taken.
- _____ Complete thesis or dissertation, if applicable, Must be submitted to www.etdadmin.com/wnill by the Friday before Finals Week.
- _____ All course revalidations, final grades, verification of thesis completion, official transcript for transfer work are complete and in the Graduate School by the last day of the student's final semester.