Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies 2011-2012
- Susan Martinelli-Fernandez, Ph.D., University of Chicago
- John K. Simmons, Ph.D., University of California-Santa Barbara
Associate Graduate Faculty
- David Haugen, Ph.D., University of Washington
- Gordon Pettit, Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
- Amy Carr, Ph.D., University of Chicago
- Christopher A. Pynes, Ph.D., Florida State University
- Sarah Haynes, Ph.D., University of Calgary
- Betsy Perabo, Ph.D., Yale University
- Brian Powell, Ph.D., University of Virginia
410G Business Ethics. (3) An introduction to ethical theory and its application to the assumptions and consequences of modern business practices. Prerequisite: any lower-division philosophy course or permission of the instructor.
499G Directed Readings. (1–3) Individual study of particular philosophical texts or problems. May be repeated, provided topics vary. Prerequisites: Two courses in philosophy and permission of the instructor.
492G (cross-listed with ENG 492G) Religion, Literature, and Film. (3) Study of multicultural literary and cinematic texts engaging a wide range of religious and philosophical traditions. Examination of the religious and the secular via narrative; consideration of literary and filmic interpretation via religious and philosophical questions. Prerequisite: Permission of the instructor.
499G Directed Readings. (1–3) Individual study of particular religious texts or problems. May be repeated, provided topics vary. Prerequisites: Two courses in religious studies and permission of the instructor.
2011-2012 Graduate Catalog
Table of Contents
- General Information
- Campus and Facilities
- University Services
- Special Programs
- Academic Guidelines
- Graduate School Policies
- Costs and Financial Assistance
- Programs of Study
- Integrated Baccalaureate/Master's Degrees
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificates
- Other Departments Offering Courses for Graduate Credit