Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
BGS Alumni Scholarship
Deadline for Application: January 4
To be eligible for this scholarship students must be
- Admitted to the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS) degree program (formerly known as the Board of Trustees Bachelor of Arts degree program)
- Actively working to complete the BGS degree during the most recent summer and/or fall terms, and during the upcoming spring semester. Students who meet one of the following criteria during the most recent summer and/or fall terms are considered active:
- Received credit for completed coursework at Western Illinois University
- Received credit for completed coursework at regionally accredited institutions or through ACE-evaluated military or non-collegiate training
- Submitted prior learning portfolio materials (in draft or completed form) to a BGS academic advisor; or
- Provided evidence of proficiency testing.
- In good standing with the University (or any institution of higher education the student is currently attending) and with the community
- In financial need.
A limited number of annual $1,000 minimum awards are available.
Download BGS Alumni Scholarship Application (pdf). Incomplete applications will be ineligible for consideration.
Return applications by January 4 to the School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach Alumni Scholarship Committee, Horrabin Hall 6, Western Illinois University, 1 University Circle, Macomb, IL 61455-1390.
Recipients will be selected by the School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach Alumni Scholarship Committee.
Inquiries should be directed to
The Bachelor of Arts in General Studies Alumni Scholarship Committee, Horrabin Hall 6, Western Illinois University, 1 University Circle, Macomb, IL 61455-1390 or by email at BGS@wiu.edu or by telephone (309) 298-1929.