School of Music
Transportation Services and Campus Maps and DirectionRail Amtrak has twice daily round-trip service to and from Chicago's Union Station and Macomb. The expanded state service, known as the Carl Sandburg route (Trains 381 and 382), and the traditional Illinois Zephyr route (Trains 380 and 383). Charts below detail the trains' stops/times. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are available nationwide through Amtrak.com, by calling 800-USA-RAIL, using Quik-Trak automated ticket machines or at an authorized travel agent such as Macomb Travel Center (309) 833-5531, located in the Macomb Amtrak station. Service to and from Amtrak Train Depot Go West provides service for students needing a ride to or from the train station to meet Amtrak.
- Route 10 - Black runs, when University is in session, on Fridays and Sundays in order to get people to and from the Amtrak train station. On Fridays, it runs around the perimeter of campus picking up passengers and delivering them to the station. It makes 2 circuits Friday morning between 6:00am and 6:45am, and 3 circuits Friday night between 5:30pm and 6:10pm. On Sundays it meets the 11:04am train and the 9:24pm train and delivers those passengers along its route.
- Route 5 – Brown runs only when campus is in session, though on Sundays when campus is NOT in session it will provide transportation for the 11:17am train instead of Black 10, and it can be used to get to the station by 5:55pm for the 6:18pm train.
- Macomb Municipal Airport, Macomb, IL
- Greater Peoria Regional Airport, Peoria, IL
- Quad Cities International Airport, Moline, IL
- Quincy Regional Airport,Quincy, IL
- Abraham Lincoln Capitol Airport, Springfield, IL
- Chicago O'Hare and Midway Airports, Chicago, IL
- Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, St. Louis, MO