WIU Wins at KCACTF
From Bill Kincaid.
I’m writing to share great news from the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival. I just returned from our regional festival, where our students did outstanding work and were recognized for it.
- MFA directing student Tommy Iafrate won the SDC directing award, which is the Festival’s biggest directing prize. The region will send him to the Kennedy Center in April where he will work with other regional winners at the National KCACTF Festival.
- MFA directing student Kristin Katsu was runner-up for Best Director in the Ten-Minute Play competition.
- Eight actors were awarded prizes for their work, out of the 500 students who auditioned for Festival judges. Three of the eight recognized students were from WIU.
- BFA students Anna Cline and Lorenzo Rush received the Judges’ Award for Comedy Scene.
- MFA student Andrew Behling was the recipient of the Classical Acting Award presented by NAPAT (National Partners of American Theatre). This award is presented both to the actor and to the actor’s mentor, Bill Kincaid.
- MFA design student Will James Stacey was part of the winning Design Storm team.
Region 3 of the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival includes the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and western Ohio. Approximately 1500 students from across the region attend the regional Festival each year.
Western Illinois University made a great showing, and I knew you would all want to know about it.
Way to go WIU theatre students! We know we have great, talented students. Now a few more people know that too.