Music Business Celebrates 25 Years
The WIU Music Business Program celebrated its 25th anniversary over Homecoming Weekend, September 30-October 1.
Highlights included an alumni panel discussion Friday evening featuring:
- Jacob Baker BM 2011: Global Eyes Entertainment
- Julie Golden Baker BA 2005: Elgin Symphony Orchestra
- Kelsey Bostwick BM 2010: Joffrey Ballet, Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Matthew Clemens BA 2002: Quinlan + Fabish
- Patrick Downing BM 2009: Piano Sales Consultant, Steinway and Sons
- Jim Spenner BA 1991: Online business “The Drum Experts”
- Cory Wetzell BA 2004: Warner Audio Visual
- Nicole Wetzell BA 2006: Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University
- Barry Applewhite BA 1988, MA 1991: Milwaukee High School for the Arts
The celebration continued Saturday evening with an Italian banquet in the Capitol Room at the University Union. Guest Speakers included Bart Shanklin, current Director of the School of Music; Ann Collins, founder of the music business program in 1986, Professor Emeritus, and department chair for 10 years; Claudia McCain, Professor Emeritus and Director of the Music Business program from 1990 until 2007; Patrick Downing, BA 2009, and Julie Baker, BA 2005.
Alumni, faculty, students and guests viewed a video compiled from 25 years of pictures and video from the music business program.
Everyone had a great time and rumor has it alumni are already planning a reunion next year!