Degree Plan There are two degree paths in the Oil Painting program:
- Bachelor of Arts - Studio Art
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Studio Art
The following Program Study Plans will help you determine which classes are needed to complete a degree in a timely fashion:
- Painting facilities at Western Illinois University are housed in Garwood Hall. The painting studio measures 21' x 70'. This is a large natural light painting studio.
- The space houses Klopfenstein easels, glass palettes and equipment storage.
- A separate secure office houses hand tools and a large collection of still life objects.
- Several large North-facing windows provide the students with the opportunity to utilize natural light in addition to adequate available artificial light sources.
- The studio is equipped with a solvent recycling station and has storage for solvents and mediums. The room includes a sink and painting racks sufficient for storing student work.
- The painting program provides six individual studio spaces in the basement of Garwood Hall for selected painting majors. This space measures 21' x 45' and is usually divided among the BFA senior painting students.