Degree Plan There are two degree paths in the Metalsmithing program:
- Bachelor of Arts - Studio Art
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Studio Art
The following Program Study Plans will help you determine which classes are needed to complete a degree in a timely fashion:
- Metalsmithing is taught in the Heating Plant Annex (HPA). The metals studio is a large open space divided into two working areas.
- One area contains 16 hardwood student bench stations. Each station is complete with a fully adjustable stool, an individual tool kit and several storage drawers.
- The other area houses the larger equipment used in casting, plating and forming and a large stainless steel sink.
- The fine metalsmithing studio area has four acetylene-soldering stations and a natural gas annealing station with individual ventilation hoods, a floor mounted centrifugal casting machine, a programmable burnout kiln as well as many forming and hand tools.
- The studio is designed to allow students the equipment and instruction they need to explore the many possibilities that are available in fine metalsmithing.