College of Education & Human Services
December 2010 Pre-Developed Tools
- Are there enough pertinent applications and tools for what we teach for students to use in the classroom and beyond?
- Research tools available in Apple's App store
- Research availability and use of Interactive Websites
- Review other application providers such as Modality,etc.
November 2010 ETextbooks and Devices such as the iPad
- Overview of Textbooks in Education - Videos from HMH Fuse, CourseSmart, Inkling, and others
- Demonstration of Books and Publishers including, CourseSmart, Inkling, Follett, and Penguin
- Creating a free eBook with ePubBud
- Faculty Innovators share their research on their own course textbooks in Etext format.
October 2010 Basic Uses for Faculty and Teachers
- Using the iPad for annotations and grading papers. Discussion of available apps advantages and disadvantages and considerations of tools such as Google Documents.
- Presenting from the iPad. Using the iPad VGA cable to present your lectures with and without purchased apps. Will discuss Photos, Videos, PowerPoint Presentations, and Keynote.
- Using student polling for routine classroom management and more!
- Completing observations and forms on the iPad. Can it be done? What app makes it possible?
- Visit our Twitter Feed for a listing of Apps that were shared and discussed: http://twitter.com/coehsinnovators
September 2010 Getting to Know the iPad
- Examine and discuss advantages and disadvantages to size and functionality for faculty and students.
- Receive hands-on training to familiarize us with the main features and functions or our iPads.
- Familiarize ourselves with Edmodo our mobile friendly course-management area.
- Share our discoveries with you via VoiceThreads and Twitter!
- Share our program plans at the 2nd Annual MCAD in the WIU Malpass Library!