College of Education & Human Services
Reporting Technical Difficulties
COEHS Technology staff provide a basic level of technical support to faculty, staff, and students using hardware, software, and equipment owned by Western Illinois University. However, to ensure that you get immediate response as needed and for documentation purposes you should always submit a request or incident through the University Help Desk (309) 298-2704 or via email to email@example.com.
Emergency Status If you have a technology emergency in the classroom that you are assigned to teach in contact the University Technology Support Center (309) 298-2704 immediately so that a technician can meet you in the room and provide assistance.
Non-Emergency Status If you experience a technical difficulty that is not an emergency or have a suggestion regarding technology in a classroom, contact our technology staff at (309)298-3076, or email Josh Butcher ( JA-Butcher@wiu.edu .)
*Note: Please keep in mind there are times when the COEHS technician will be able to automatically fix the situation while there will be other times that the COEHS technician will have to contact University Technology (uTech) for further support. When uTech has to be consulted, the COEHS technician will assist you or your staff in submitting a help ticket and monitoring the progress of your situation until the issue is resolved.
Levels of Support Provided by COEHS (Macomb Campus Only)
- Software and driver installation
- WesternOnline activation, course copy, instructional design and training
- Connection and configuration of peripherals (scanners,digital cameras, storage devices, and etc.)
- Desktop connection and configuration of Mobile Technologies (Smartphones, iPods, PDAs, and etc.)
- Just-in-time training in COEHS e-classrooms on the Macomb Campus
- SMARTBoard Training
- Basic Support Issues (e.g. accessing the SAMBA drive, connecting wires that have been accidentally disconnected, downloading specialized drivers applications such as Adobe Reader, Firefox, Java, Flash Player, and etc.)
All other technology hardware and software support issues should be directed to the uTech Support Center by calling (309) 298-2704. You can also try to solve solve your problem by consulting Western's Online Knowledgebase .