Recreation, Park and Tourism Administration
Professional Development Conference - Friday, April 7, 2017 - 8am to 2pm
A one-day conference with educational sessions led by RPTA Alumni currently working in the field. Don't miss this great opportunity to meet and network with alumni.
The theme for this year's conference is Practice to Profession: #Adulting. In an effort to reflect the diversity of career opportunities and recreation-related sectors, the Professional Development Conference strives:
- to help students hone their professional competencies;
- to recruit students into our department;
- to provide opportunities for alumni, friends, and students to engage; and,
- to celebrate the successes of our alumni, friends, and current students.
|8:00 - 8:10 am||Registration & Mingle||Heritage Room|
|8:10 - 8:55 am||Social Media Presence: Jill Myers||Heritage Room|
|9:00 - 9:50 am||Session One||University Union|
|10:00 - 10:50 am||Session Two||University Union|
|11:00 - 11:50 pm||Session Three||University Union|
|12:00 - 12:30 pm||Resume Review & Networking||Heritage Room|
|12:30 - 2:00 pm||Departmental Award Luncheon||Heritage Room|
Download PDC Program »
Download PDC Flyer »
A few things to keep in mind when attending PDC:
- Contact your RPTA instructor to verify your class is being canceled during the PDC.
- Students are encouraged to dress in a professional manner and bring a complete resume.
- Alumni are taking time out of their busy schedules to lead these sessions – students are asked to be respectful and engaged during the sessions.
- Alumni are happy to talk individually with students after their sessions– students should initiate conversations with the alumni.