Recreation, Park and Tourism Administration
ECOEE Application Materials
**TO VIEW THESE FILES YOU MUST HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ADOBE ACROBAT. GET IT HERE .**
In order to apply for the ECOEE Program, please do the following:
Complete all ECOEE Application Paperwork
- ECOEE Application Form
- Typed responses to the Application Questions
- Completed Medical Inquiry and Fitness Assessment Form
- Sign copy of Course Policies and Information
- Two completed Recommendation Forms
- Copy of your Student ID or valid driver’s license.
- Copy of your Western Illinois University academic transcript
- A photocopy of any medical and CPR certifications you possess.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 GPA and not on academic warning or probation).
- Have demonstrated interest in working, living, and learning in the outdoors
- Have officially declared RPTA as a major or minor
- Be in good physical condition and able to remain drug, alcohol, and tobacco free for an entire semester
- Have a current Wilderness First Responder (WFR) and CPR certifications or getting these certification prior to leaving campus in the fall
- Prior to completing the application you should discuss participation in this program with the ECOEE Coordinator and your academic advisor. Consider how ECOEE will fit into your academic goals as well as your progress toward obtaining your degree.
- Complete ECOEE Application Packet
- ECOEE Clothing and Equipment List
- Scholarship Information: A sizeable and variable cash award is available through the Yvonne and Frank Lupton ECOEE Scholarship Fund to a qualified ECOEE participant to help defray the expenses associated with participation in the ECOEE program. Criteria for receiving this scholarship include overall academic achievements, demonstrated commitment to the field of parks and recreation, extra-curricular involvements and work experiences, and financial need. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship please include a typed letter of application addressed to the ECOEE Scholarship Committee highlighting your qualifications and two additional letters of recommendation to support your application. Scholarship applications may be submitted separately or in conjunction with your ECOEE application. The deadline to apply for the Yvonne and Frank Lupton ECOEE Scholarship is the first Friday in March of the spring semester preceding ECOEE.
Completed application packets must be submitted to the ECOEE Coordinator through the Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Administration by the second Friday of November. Applications received on or before this date will be given priority consideration – late applications will only be considered if space is still available. Notification of acceptance to the ECOEE program will be given prior to the end of fall finals week provided application materials are received by the November deadline.
Completed Applications for ECOEE should be submitted to:
Jeff Tindall, ECOEE Coordinator
400 Currens Hall
Western Illinois University
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455