Curriculum and Instruction
Elementary Education - Graduate Program
Features of the Program
- The Master of Science degree in Elementary Education not only influences career advancement, but also keeps elementary teachers abreast of developments in their chosen profession.
- The degree requires 30 semester hours of coursework, including core components, an area of specialization, two electives, and a capstone experience.
- The Elementary Education program enables graduate candidates to pursue an area of specialization in early childhood education, literacy education, mathematics, social studies, science, or elementary curriculum.
- This program does not lead to teacher certification and is designed for individuals who have already earned a teaching certificate.
- Traditional weekly evening classes and Saturday classes are offered in Macomb and the Quad Cities.
- Several required courses, courses in the elementary curriculum area of specialization, and elective courses are available online.