Military Science

Green to Gold

The Green to Gold program seeks talented young enlisted soldiers who have decided to leave, or are considering leaving active duty to attend college. Quality enlisted soldiers with officer potential, who have served at least two years on active duty, are allowed to voluntarily request discharge from active duty to enroll in Army ROTC.

Upon completing the program, you can earn baccalaureate degrees and a commission as a Second Lieutenant. Four, three and two–year scholarships are available, as well as a two-year non–scholarship option. If you are enlisted in the U.S. Army, you may be eligible to apply for a four, three, or two-year Green-to-Gold scholarship.