Admissions Requirements for the 4+1 Integrated Program
Currently enrolled WIU undergraduate students can apply into the program during their Junior Year. Students are accepted into the program two times per year (Fall or Spring). Application materials are due October 1 (for Spring entry) or February 1 (for Fall entry).
Application materials include;
- Declared major at WIU in Broadcasting with a Sports Broadcasting emphasis
- Application Form
- Personal Information
- Coursework completed
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Completion of 60 credits (minimum of 30 credits at WIU)
- Personal Goal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
All students who submit all of the application materials on time will be scheduled to complete an interview. Interviews are held in November (for Spring entry) and March (for Fall entry) and are conducted by a committee consisting of faculty representing Sports Broadcasting and Sport Management. This committee will also be responsible for determining if a student is accepted into the program.
Candidates will be identified and announced in December and April. Candidates not accepted are eligible to reapply the following semester.
Students will be fully admitted in the M.S. program in Sport Management upon completions of;
- Three graduate bridge classes (minimum of 3.25 GPA in these three courses)
- Completion of the undergraduate degree in Sports Broadcasting with an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher.
Application deadline for Fall 2013 has been extended. Application material are due on or before 5:00 pm Monday, November 4th.
Applicant interviews will be scheduled starting the week of November 11th.