Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
The mission of the Exercise Science Program at WIU is to develop competent and contributing professionals by;
- providing a science-based curriculum addressing the physical and psychological aspects of human movement
- promoting a physically active lifestyle across the lifespan within a diverse society
- providing practical experiences and service learning opportunities in a variety of environments
- preparing leaders in such professional fields as strength and conditioning, wellness, fitness, allied health, sport and movement analysis, and activity programming
- preparing students for success in graduate study and professional programs.
"For successfully meeting established criteria, the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) officially recognizes Western Illinois University's Educational Program in Strength and Conditioning". WIU's Exercise Science & Fitness major now meets the guidelines and criteria set by the only accredited national governing body for fitness and strength certifications NSCA.