Health Sciences & Social Work
Phi Alpha Honor Society - Kappa Sigma Chapter
The Kappa Sigma Chapter of the Phi Alpha National Honor Society for social work students was introduced and approved in December 2001. Charter members were initiated during the 2001-2002 academic year. Each semester, academic status is reviewed and qualified majors are invited to join in honor of their achievements. View the Phi Alpha Constitution.
FALL 2014-SPRING 2015 PHI ALPHA OFFICERS
- Samantha Pfortmiller, President
- Jessie Thomson, Secretary
- Hannah Creebo, Treasurer
- Judy Berglund, Phi Alpha Advisor
Eligibility is reviewed after grades are posted and received by the social work department. Students are invited to join during the semester following the one in which they meet the criteria below. ( Fall inductees: Eligibility based on previous spring semester, or summer semester if courses are taken. Spring inductees: Eligibility based on previous fall semester.) Students not currently eligible may be invited to join in a subsequent semester once they have fulfilled the requirements.
Eligibility Criteria (to be met at end of previous semester)
- Formally admitted to Social Work Program as a full major (SCLWK). Acceptance letter and major declaration on file in SW office.
- At least a sophomore status
- 9 semester hours of required Social Work courses completed
- 3.25 GPA in required Social Work courses
- 3.0 GPA overall