Health Sciences & Social Work
The Department of Health Sciences and Social Work offers a one credit "Pre-Internship" class to be taken the semester before students enroll in their Internship. It is strongly recommended that all students take advantage of this.
Attending a General Orientation Pre-Internship meeting is REQUIRED for all undergraduate and graduate majors who do not take the "Pre-Internship" class and who wish to intern in 2015.
General Orientation Pre-Internship Meetings
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015 - 4:00-5:30pm | Stipes 218
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015 - 3:00-4:30pm | Stipes 218
Fall 2015 Internship Oral Presentations
- Thursday, December 3, 2015 - 9:30am-12:30pm | Stipes 501
Application Deadlines - See the materials below for application forms and guidelines.
- Summer Internships: April 1
- Fall Internships: May 1
- Spring Internships: November 1
WIU Minority Internship Program (MIP). For further information, go to
- http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php?release_id=9517 and/or
- http://www.wiu.edu/cas/african_american_studies/faq.php. Call 309.298.1181 or e-mail MIP@wiu.edu.
Internship Handbook & Guidelines (Additional Guidelines will be on WesternOnline)
- Internship Handbook (.docx) - THE SOURCE FOR ALL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION
- Internship Summary Paper Guidelines (.docx)
PLEASE SEE INTERNSHIP HANDBOOK FOR THE LATEST APPLICATION INFORMATION. A complete internship application must also include:
- Site and Supervisor Information (.pdf)
- Internship Placement Agreement (.doc) (word-processed)
- Waiver (.pdf form)
For more information about the internship program, call or email the Internship Coordinator, Dr. Lorette Oden at LS-Oden@wiu.edu, phone: 309-298-1076, or FAX 309-298-2076