Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
The Department of Health Sciences offers a one credit "Pre-Internship" class to be taken the semester before students enroll in their Internship. It is strongly recommended that all students take advantage of this.
Attending a General Orientation Pre-Internship meeting is REQUIRED for all undergraduate and graduate majors who do not take the "Pre-Internship" class and who wish to intern in 2014.
General Orientation Pre-Internship Meetings
- Monday, Feb. 3, 4:30-6:00 | Stipes 107
- Tuesday, Jan. 28, 5:00-6:30 | Stipes 218
Spring 2014 Internship Oral & Poster Presentations
- Friday, April 25, 1:00-4:00pm | Stipes 501
Application Deadlines - See the materials below for application forms and guidelines.
- Summer Internships: April 1
- Fall Internships: May 1
- Spring Internships: November 1
WIU Minority Internship Program (MIP). For further information, go to
- http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php?release_id=9517 and/or
- http://www.wiu.edu/cas/african_american_studies/faq.php. Call 309.298.1181 or e-mail MIP@wiu.edu.
Internship Handbook & Guidelines (Additional Guidelines will be on WesternOnline)
- Internship Handbook 2013 (.docx) - THE SOURCE FOR ALL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION
- Internship Summary Paper Guidelines (.docx)
PLEASE SEE INTERNSHIP HANDBOOK 2013 FOR THE LATEST APPLICATION INFORMATION. A complete internship application must also include:
- Site and Supervisor Information (.pdf)
- Internship Placement Agreement (.doc) (word-processed)
- Waiver (.pdf form)
For more information about the internship program, call or email the Internship Coordinator, Dr. Jeanne Clerc at JM-Clerc@wiu.edu, phone: 309-298-2223, or FAX 309-298-2076