College of Education & Human Services
For the fiscal year starting July 1, 2014, faculty are eligible to receive up to $500 from the Dean’s Travel Award for the presentation of research/creative works and invited presentations at professional meetings and events.
Faculty can receive only one award per academic year.
We DO NOT fund:
- Non-presenting participants
- Attending board meetings for which are you an officer
- Presenting as part of a panel that requires little preliminary preparation beforehand. Simply, the presentation you are using as the basis of the application must be equivalent to preparing for a full, scholarly presentation.
The Dean Travel Awards covers only registrations.
Should you apply now? YES! You must apply at least two weeks prior to travel and but no more than six months before you travel. You are required to submit paperwork within two weeks of your return to the departmental office. Departmental office will prepare a Travel Voucher and submit to the Dean’s office within two week of your return. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of your award. Please consult the procedures outlined on this page. All travel must be pre-approved for the expenses.
If you are unclear about anything on the award application, the policies, or when awards will be funded, contact Dale Adkins in Dean’s office (309.298.1690) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose: The Dean Award for Faculty Travel has been established to provide financial assistance to faculty who will be presenting scholarly/professional activities and invited presentations at professional conferences or meetings and to encourage continued publication of active research. The Dean will be reviewing the applications on a continuous basis as submitted.
**Effective July 1, 2014** If an honorarium is provided, please include the amount and if any travel expenses are provided. Include a copy of the contract with your signature sheet. A presentation or performance with any honorarium is not eligible for a Dean Travel Award as sufficient funds for travel are available in the honorarium.
The following are the policies for this award:
- Awards are to support presentation of accepted papers (vetted, peer-reviewed process) and invited presentations. The fee supports registration only.
- Applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the actual presentation date, but no more than six months prior to the presentation date.
- The application period will last until the funds are exhausted. Faculty members are encouraged to apply early to better their chances of being approved for an award.
- To ensure adequate academic year funding, the full amount budgeted and available for this award will be split between semesters using the following structure:
- July 1 through Dec 31
- Jan 1 through June 30
- Applicant must be a full-time faculty member. Additionally, department chairs are not eligible for an award.
- Maximum award is up to $500.
- Travel awards are to be awarded during a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). An application for an award for an event taking place during the summer that crosses fiscal years may receive funding from the fiscal year wherein the event occurs, amount may vary to budgetary changes.
- Faculty are to submit a request using the online travel request form. COEHS Faculty Travel Award Form
- After the conference, faculty members are to submit documentation of attendance. This will be submitted to DEPARTMENT/COEHS no later than two weeks from the end date of conference. (note: after this time, the award will be forfeited and reallocated). Documentation consists of:
- a copy of the program cover
- a copy of the program schedule that includes your presentation time
- a copy of the paper being presented or of the creative performance, or equivalent. A submitted paper does not need to lead to publication, but it is strongly encouraged.
- ORIGINAL REGISTRATION RECEIPT is required.
- Travel award will be PROCESSED FOR the faculty ONCE THE FACULTY’S department HAS PROVIDED THE TRAVEL VOUCHER TO THE DEAN’S OFFICE.
Note: THE COEHS only reimburses a faculty member after travel has taken place and all necessary information has been submitted.
- The Dean Travel Award cannot cover per diem (meal) expenses, travel, and/or housing.
$500. Faculty can request only one per academic year.
- Because of the state budget process, your request may be approved CONTINGENT ON AVAILABLE FUNDS. If the money is not available, the award will not be funded.
- You have two weeks to submit documentation of your trip. Otherwise your award will be forfeited.
- No. The funds do not cover any online conference registration fees.
- COEHS will only reimburse the faculty member AFTER the travel has taken place.
- Please check with your department and/or the Provost office for additional resources.