Hancock County Retired Teachers' Scholarship
- The scholarship will be awarded to at least one full time student.
- The scholarship recipient will receive a scholarship of at least $500.
- If for any reason the recipient does not conform to any or all policies, the HCRT committee has the right to revoke the scholarship.
- All applications must be received by April 11, 2014, in the office of the Regional Superintendent of Schools, (130 South Lafayette, Suite 200, Macomb, IL 61455), and recipients will be notified in May.
- An application must be completed by April 11, 2014. The applicant must be a senior in high school or a student in college planning to become a teacher.
- Applicant must be a graduate of a Hancock County High School. However, he/she does not necessarily have to attend an Illinois college or university.
- Applicants must have and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- The recipient must furnish a copy of his/her GPA from the high school, university or college prior to receiving funds.
- Each applicant must complete an application provided by the HCRTA.
- The applicant must attach a one-page letter of no more than 250 words stating his/her educational intent.
- Two written references, speaking to character and academic achievements, must accompany the application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended must accompany the application. High school seniors should send high school transcripts.
- Each applicant must sign the Consent to Release Information Form authorizing the HCRT Scholarship Committee to verify the accuracy of all information and documentation submitted with the scholarship application.
- Selection of recipients of the HCRTA scholarships will be made by the Regional Superintendent of Schools and two members of the Hancock County Retired Teachers Association.
- The scholarship money will be paid upon the receipt of proof that the scholar has been accepted in a teacher education program (usually prior to his/her junior year of college). High school seniors and college freshmen are encouraged to apply; however, if they are chosen to receive the scholarship, they will not receive the money until they meet this requirement.