School of Engineering
Welcome to the School of Engineering
WIU's School of Engineering is one of the newest ABET accredited engineering programs in the State of Illinois. We offer a multidisciplinary degree that allows students to build specialization on top of a fundamental core of subjects from Math, Science, Mechanics, Materials, Electronics, Robotics-Automation, Thermo-Fluids, Structures, Engineering Management, and Design. Why? Because we live in a multi-disciplinary world and these are the subject areas you need to master if you are going to remain competitive in this century!
Western Engineers can chose from six “emphasis” areas in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Manufacturing-Quality, and Materials Engineering, and Engineering Management. We encourage you to take electives in more than one emphasis area since this makes you more valuable to potential employers and gives you greater flexibility in career paths. The beauty of our program is that you make the decision of which area you want to specialize in at the beginning of your senior year! So if you are undecided and want to do an internship before making your choice, you can do it! That’s flexibility!
Entrepreneurial Engineering, Innovation, Leadership...are the hallmarks of this program!
ABET accreditation is an essential indicator that WIU's engineering program is recognized internationally for its quality and best practices in engineering education.
On the 23rd of August 2012 the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) granted accreditation to Western Illinois University’s Engineering program. It retroactively covers all our graduates. Learn more about ABET Accreditation.
WIU Engineering Students on the ground floor for a manufacturing revival!
- October 2, 2015: 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- March 4, 2016: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- April 8, 2016: 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Oct 14, 2015: Study Abroad Business Practices and Culture of Ireland Informational Meeting
- Oct 14, 2015: Robert and Mary Ferguson Lecture
- Oct 23, 2015: Department of Engineering Technology Open House
- Oct 24, 2015: Livestock Judging Contest
- Oct 28, 2015: Society for Human Resource Management
- Nov 9, 2015: Society for Human Resource Management
- Dec 2, 2015: Society for Human Resource Management
- Dec 10, 2015: Cattle Artificial Insemination Clinic
- Dec 11, 2015: Cattle Artificial Insemination Clinic
- Mar 4, 2016: Explore Engineering
- Mock Presidential Election to Kick...
- Robert and Mary Ferguson Lecture...
- AGR Annual Smokin' Hog Fundraiser...
- Professor Giving Students Hands-on...
- Cattle Artificial Insemination...
- Livestock Judging: 1st Place Nat'l...
- Homecoming 2015 Schedule
- 2015 Homecoming Royalty Announced